Rikolto (formerly VECO/Vredeseilanden) is an international NGO with more than 40 years of experience in partnering farmer organisations and food chain actors across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Rikolto runs programmes in 14 countries worldwide through seven regional offices. Rikolto in Vietnam is the Vietnamese regional office of Rikolto, located in Hanoi. We envision a world with production and consumption systems that allow poverty and hunger to be eradicated and that do not burden our planet more than it can bear. Therefore, we empower farmer groups to become solid business partners and implement future-proof, sustainable practices. We support them so that their products meet quality standards. We connect them with innovators in the food industry to explore new ways of doing business.
In 2019, Rikolto in Vietnam will conduct a mid-term review for its 5-year programme “Supporting Inclusive and Sustainable Agricultural Value Chain Development Benefitting Smallholder Farmers in Vietnam”. Rikolto’s impact assessment framework covers all three levels at which the organisation strives for impact:
- Improved livelihoods of smallholder farmers (m/f);
- Improved business and organisational capacities of targeted farmer organisations;
- Improved institutional environment (public/private policies, regulations, etc.).
During the mid-term review, the focus lies rather on measuring the effectiveness of its approach regarding the outcomes that are more closely connected to its intervention strategies. The objective of the mid-term review is twofold:
- to feed discussions on the strategic orientation of Rikolto beyond 2021 (irrespective of who would fund that work);
- to orient the last two years of implementation of the 2017-2021 programme funded by the Belgian government (DGD).
Rikolto in Vietnam is looking for a Local Consultant (LC), who will team up with Rikolto’s international consultant (IC) to feed the mid-term review process with critical-constructive questions and guidance that can further and deepen the analysis and reflection of our colleagues.