Background: Rikolto is an international NGO with over 50 years of experience partnering with farmer organisations and food chain actors in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Rikolto runs programmes in 18 countries worldwide through 5 regional offices.
Rikolto envisions a world with a sustainable income for farmers and nutritious, affordable food for everyone. We reach our goals by building bridges between smallholder farmer organisations, companies, authorities and other actors across rural and urban areas. Together, we create innovative ways of accessing, distributing and producing nutritious, quality food, so no one is left behind.
Rikolto in Southeast Asia (SEA) is working in Vietnam, and have an office in Hanoi. We are looking for a Vietnamese qualified and enthusiast professional for the position of Rice Programme Officer. This incumbent will be based in Dong Thap province, Vietnam.
Job Overview: The Rice Programme Officer, under the direct supervision of the Rice Programme Manager, and in close coordination with other project officers, partners and actors in the rice sector, supports and facilitates the implementation of the Rice Programme via three key strategic interventions: (1) provide affordable, safe, healthy and sustainable rice to consumers; (2) create decent profits and jobs for all actors along the value chain, especially for smallholder farmers, both men and women, and youth; (3) reduce the environmental impact of rice cultivation and preserve the environment for future generation through reducing water consumption and greenhouse gas emission.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- Has an education background with at least Bachelor’s Degree in more than one following domains: Agronomy, business, agricultural economics and rural development;
- At least 3 years of experience in the rice sector in Vietnam, working with a variety of stakeholders including public and private sectors;
- Has an in-depth understanding of the technical aspects related to rice cultivation and production;
- At least 1 year of experience in a project/programme implementation;
- Experience working on environmental sustainability, gender and youth mainstreaming in agricultural value chains is desirable;
- Practical mind-set and result-oriented;
- Good networker;
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt to various context and setting (including local, regional, international);
- Excellent command of Vietnamese and good command of English (at least in reading, speaking and understanding).
For more details, please find attached JD.
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter and recent curriculum vitae in English with at least three referees as soon as possible before 15 August 2023 by email to: Rikolto in Southeast Asia - Vietnam office, House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound, Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi, email: vietnam [at] rikolto.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.