The Programme Manager, under the direct supervision of the Regional Director, will coordinate, support, and facilitate the implementation of Rikolto’s intervention programmes and projects in close collaboration with Programme team, partners, and stakeholder so as to (i) enable and support smallholder farmers to take up their role in rural poverty alleviation and to contribute to feeding a growing world population in a sustainable way; (ii) mainstream inclusive business models and practices for sustainable value chain and food system; and (iii) promote of sustainable and safe food policies tackling safe production, consumption and marketing that benefit smallholder farmers.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- Relevant MSc degree in agriculture, sociology, economics, rural development, food systems or equivalent from abroad; PhD degree in the relevant domain from abroad is a great asset;
- At least 15 years of experience working with value chains, inclusive business, governance and climate change related issues in Vietnam;
- At least 8 years of experience managing development programmes as well as strategic planning and implementing organizational strategies to develop its core values and businesses;
- Strong experiences in providing strategic, methodological and technical guidance to programme team in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and adjusting actions meant to achieve structural changes targeted;
- In-depth understanding of the functioning of agri-food value chains and food systems from production to consumption, including chains’ institutional environment, rural communities’ socio-cultural system, consumers’ behaviours and preferences, and business practices in the systems;
- Familiarity with Theory of Change approaches, programme planning, management, and reporting;
- Practical mind-set, result oriented, and systematic and analytical thinking;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese;
- Experience working on gender and youth inclusion in agricultural value chains is desirable.
For more details about the responsibilities and requirements of the role, please refer to the Job Description below.
How to apply? Please send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees in English by 25 June 2019 by email to:
Ms. Le Thuy Linh
Rikolto in Vietnam Coordination Office
House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound, Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Email: linh.le [at] rikolto.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.