The Programme Officer, under the direct supervision of the Vegetable and Tea Programme Coordinator, supports and facilitates the implementation of the vegetable Programme in close coordination with other programme officers and partners so as to (i) support smallholder farmers to produce and market their vegetables sustainably; (ii) increase consumers’ access to healthy and quality food; and, (iii) improve peri-urban food and agriculture development policies.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
• A university degree in a relevant domain such as Agronomy, Business, Agricultural Economics, or Rural Development;
• At least 3 years in value chain development and proven experience in the vegetable sector in Vietnam, working with a variety of stakeholders;
• Experience in programme implementation support and project cycle reporting;
• Experience on advocacy, policy analysis and policy influencing in the Vietnamese context;
• In-depth understanding of the functioning of agri-food value chains and food systems from production to consumption, including chains’ institutional environment, rural communities’ socio-cultural system, consumers’ behaviours and preferences, and business practices in the systems;
• Hands on experience with network building between producers and other chain actors;
• Experience working on environmental sustainability, gender and youth mainstreaming in agricultural value chains is desirable;
• Ability to work independently and in a team;
• Practical mind-set, result oriented, and systematic and analytical thinking;
• Good networker;
• Fluent in English and Vietnamese.
How to apply? **Please send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees in English **as soon as possible by email to:
Ms. Do Thi Tiep
Rikolto in Vietnam Coordination Office
House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound
Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Email: tiep.do [at] rikolto.org
The selection process will start on Monday the 17th August 2020. The post will be closed right after we have selected the candidate, but not later than 25 August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.