Rikolto (formerly VECO/Vredeseilanden) is an international NGO with more than 40 years of experience in partnering with farmer organisations and food chain actors across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Rikolto runs programmes in 15 countries worldwide through 8 regional offices.
The Vietnamese Regional office of Rikolto is located in Hanoi. Rikolto envisions a world with a sustainable income for farmers and nutritious, affordable food for everyone. We reach our goals by building bridges between smallholder farmer organisations, companies, authorities and other actors across rural and urban areas. Together, we create innovative ways of accessing, distributing and producing nutritious, quality food, so no one is left behind.
Through our global network, we wish to inspire others to tackle with us the inter-related challenges of food insecurity, climate change, and economic inequality.
We are currently looking for a Vietnamese qualified professional for the position of Senior Programme Coordinator. This incumbent will be based in the Regional Office in Hanoi, Vietnam with frequent travel to the Programme’s target locations.
The Senior Programme Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the Regional Director, will (i) Coordinate the strategic reflection and planning of Rikolto intervention strategies and programmes, especially the food systems related interventions; (ii) Ensure the efficient and effective coordination and implementation of ongoing and emerging intervention programmes and projects; (iii) Ensure inclusive business approaches are well implemented in the programme; (iv) Contribute to Rikolto in Vietnam’s fundraising efforts and South East Asia programme development.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
- At least 15 years of experience working with value chain development and development programme in Agri-food sector.
- Proven experience of working in Vietnam with a variety of stakeholders (i.e. farmers, government, private sector, donors, CSO, etc.), and having a leading role in programme coordination.
- Proven experiences in inclusive business approaches, development and social inclusion, value chain development, and sustainability in the agri-food sector in Vietnam.
- In-depth understanding of the functioning of agri-food value chains and food systems from holistic perspective.
- A strategic thinker, able to articulate a clear vision, able to conceptualize ideas and translate into clear implementation plan; Ability to write strong concept notes and proposals in English based on Rikolto’s current programme and identified funding needs.
- Excellent networker, comfortable in policy and business discussions with both government and companies.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to identify opportunities and act upon them; Practical mind-set, result oriented, and systematic and analytical thinking.
- Communicates clearly in a variety of settings and styles and has excellent networking skills, including in an international environment.
- Native Vietnamese speaker and excellent command of English.
For more details about the responsibilities, requirements of the role, and the Job Description, please refer to Rikolto in Vietnam’s website at: https://vietnam.rikolto.org/en/news/vacancy-senior-programme-coordinator
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees in English as soon as possible by email to:
Ms Do Thi Tiep Rikolto in Vietnam Coordination Office House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi Email: tiep.do [at] rikolto.org
The selection process will start on the 16th of April 2021. The post will be closed right after we have selected the candidate, but not later than 25 April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.