Rikolto (formerly VECO/Vredeseilanden) is an international NGO with more than 40 years of experience in partnering with farmer organisations and food chain actors across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Rikolto runs programmes in 15 countries worldwide through 8 regional offices.
The Vietnamese Regional office of Rikolto is located in Hanoi. Rikolto envisions a world with production and consumption systems that allow poverty and hunger to be eradicated and that do not burden our planet more than it can bear. Therefore, we empower farmer groups to become solid business partners and implement future-proof, sustainable practices. We support them so that their products meet quality standards. We connect them with innovators in the food industry to explore new ways of doing business. In 2017, Rikolto in Vietnam started a 5-year programme named “Supporting Inclusive and Sustainable Agricultural Value Chain Development Benefitting Smallholder Farmers in Vietnam”.
We are currently looking for a Vietnamese qualified professional for the position of Programme Manager. This incumbent will be based in the Regional Office in Hanoi, Vietnam with frequent travel to the Programme’s target locations.
The Programme Manager, under the direct supervision of the Regional Director, will coordinate, support, and facilitate the implementation of Rikolto’s intervention programmes and projects in close collaboration with Programme team, partners, and stakeholder to (i) enable and support smallholder farmers to take up their role in rural poverty alleviation and to contribute to sustainably feeding a growing population; (ii) mainstream inclusive business models and practices for sustainable value chain and food system; and (iii) promote of sustainable and safe food policies tackling safe production, consumption and marketing that benefit smallholder farmers.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
Location: Rikolto in Vietnam Regional Office in Hanoi with occasional travel in Vietnam and abroad.
- Relevant MSc degree in agriculture, sociology, economics, rural development, food systems or equivalent from abroad (or international master programme in Vietnam); PhD degree in the relevant domain from abroad is a great asset;
- At least 10 years of experience working with value chains, inclusive business, governance and climate change related issues in Vietnam;
- At least 5 years of experience managing development programmes as well as strategic planning and implementing organizational strategies to develop its core values and businesses;
- Strong experiences in providing strategic, methodological and technical guidance to programme team in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and adjusting actions meant to achieve structural changes targeted;
- In-depth understanding of the functioning of agri-food value chains and food systems from production to consumption, including chains’ institutional environment, rural communities’ socio-cultural system, consumers’ behaviours and preferences, and business practices in the systems;
- Familiarity with Theory of Change approaches, programme planning, management, and reporting;
- Experience working on gender and youth inclusion in agricultural value chains is desirable;
- Practical mindset, result-oriented, and systematic and analytical thinking;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese.
Gross salary range: 754 million VND – 910 million VND per year (13 months)
How to apply? Please send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees in English as soon as possible by email to:
Ms Do Thi Tiep Rikolto in Vietnam Coordination Office House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi Email: tiep.do [at] rikolto.org
The selection process will start on Tuesday the 15th of December 2020. The post will be closed right after we have selected the candidate, but no later than 25 December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.